Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> on 2006/12/01 05:03:04 UTC

Re: Problem t:datascroller does not work in shale dialog

On 11/30/06, Gary VanMatre <gv...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I was looking in the BasicDialogContext.advance(facesContext, outcome)
> method.  It looks like if the outcome is null, the transition is skipped but
> the view is always created later on at the end of the method.  Maybe we
> should just bail out of advance if there is not an outcome.  I think that's
> what the myfaces navigation hander does.  Not sure what effect that would
> have on the rest of the dialog.  Just an observation...

Your observation was right on ... that was exactly the issue.  We were
staying in the same state, but we were recreating the view (i.e. the
component tree), which caused a loss of any data that the components had
stored there.  That's now fixed, as of the 20061201 nightly build.

> Craig
> >

> Gary

Craig