Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by wt <wa...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/04 15:52:44 UTC

BUG - .net decimal type creating ignite table produces double

version 2.6

i have a tool that creates ignite tables and it is passing in a class with
the type as decimal but it is coming out as double in when i query the
metadata using rest in ignite? The documentation explicitly states c#
decimal converts to java.math.bigdecimal which is not a floating point like
double

Re: BUG - .net decimal type creating ignite table produces double

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

You can try removing work/marshaller subdir from your IGNITE_HOME
(typically it is in the binary distribution directory). After restart your
types should refresh.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Can you please show an example of REST request and its response?

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Is it a follow-up of
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/net-decimal-being-stored-as-Other-in-ignite-td24227.html#a24239
?

If we are talking about HTTP JSON REST, then JSON does not have any decimal
type, it only has Double. Therefore I imagine that numbers will be
represented as doubles.
This is default behaviour of ObjectMapper which we happen to use, it is
configurable but I can't see how you can configure it with Ignite REST.

You could have your own ConnectorMessageInterceptor that will output them
as strings instead, I guess.

Ilya Kasnacheev