Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mike <mi...@levrah.net> on 2003/01/30 03:52:33 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Server-Wide Rewrite w/out Multiple .htaccess Files

At 08:43 PM 1/29/2003, you wrote:
>How about putting symlinks in place of each individual .htaccess, all of
>which point to your one "master" .htaccess file?
>
>I foresee any of these being a problem however, if one of the virtual hosts
>needs a unique line in .htaccess, but I think your current setup has the
>same problem, so maybe it's not a problem in you case.  :)
>
>HTH,
>Peter Janett

Yeah. That's what I'm also trying to do some forward thinking on.

Right now, there's no "special setup" with regard to .htaccess handling. I
would like to leave it that way if at all possible, while still being able
to have the server handle "htaccess-like statements" on a server-wide basis.

I'm going to try the other suggestion someone else made about using
"inherit" and see if that works because I do want to allow vhosts to
control their own .htaccess files at some future date without me
intervening for "special handling" for lack of a better way of saying it.

-mike