Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/20 16:04:27 UTC

Async processing in a Bolt

Hi all,

We are trying to decode a H264 encoded video stream in storm. The bytes of
the video stream is delivered through RabbitMQ using a RabbitMQ spout.

The messages coming from the RabbitMQ is delivered to a H264 decoder. This
decoder can accept multiple messages before providing an output. In our
normal case (without Storm) we use a separate thread to read the output
from the decoder.

Now we want to move this decoding to a Bolt. Any suggestions on the
topology we should use? One idea is to create a separate spout that can
read from the decoder.

Thanks in advance,
Supun..

--
Supun Kamburugamuva
E-mail: supun06@gmail.com;  Mobile: +1 812 369 6762

Re: Async processing in a Bolt

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
We've got it resolved by using a queue. The async thread will put the
messages to a queue. The bolt will poll the messages and emit them.

Thanks,
Supun..