Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Wade Chandler <wa...@metrois.com> on 2001/08/31 17:56:19 UTC

Borland BCB and Xerces.

Hello,

    I am writing here because the BugZilla server is down.  It has always been kind of slow though, so I'm glad to see it is moving!  heh heh.  Anyways....

     I've noticed that the lib has been built around unsigned int XMLCh typedefs.  This is ok and all, but borland actually calls wchar_t a keyword and in MSVC it is a typedef.  This cause some issues in some files.  I had to go through them and cast to wchar_t where appropriate.  There is a builder project in the package, but without corrections it will not compile.  Have the members thought about making a builder project that actually works with the correct files already updated?

     Also, I have my lib compiling, but I am having some strange runtime issues.  In any given process I can create two SAX2XMLReaders fine then I am getting failures on two then I can create two more fine then I can't then I can and so on and so on.  This is of course happening inside of an ISAPI DLL(not filter).  But, that is not all.  After I add a supstantial amount of code to my DefaultHandler sub class I can parse once then fail parse once then fail.  All of the failures I am getting are results of an access error.  I am thinking, but not sure, for I have to finish my proj first then debug, that where XMLUtils::createXMLReader() is calling new SAX2XMLReaderImpl we are having issues with either with the XMLScanner(0) call or with the new array of XMLDocumentHandlers and the call to memset.  There is no array check to see if new worked or didn't.  I was looking for maybe some kind of XMLException to be generated in these types of senarios.  Has this discussion come up before?

     Well, if anyone else has had the same sort of issues please let me know what you did to correct them.  I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.