Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Parker, Thomas P" <th...@fanniemae.com> on 2009/01/14 14:03:52 UTC

checking out and in directories that begin with numbers

Im having trouble checking out directories that start with numbers.  the
directories checked in fine but when i check them out i get a directory
with the following entries

5.10.0
 < NP1 bash > cd *
 < NP1 bash > ls
entries    format     prop-base  props      text-base  tmp
 < NP1 bash >

is there a command i have to use if the directory starts with a number
to get it checked in and then checked out properly

thanks

Thomas P. Parker

AutoSys Job Scheduling
Senior Engineer
Phone: 301-418-7826
Pager: 1-800-SKY-FNMA

Re: checking out and in directories that begin with numbers

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
Parker, Thomas P wrote:
> Im having trouble checking out directories that start with numbers.  the
> directories checked in fine but when i check them out i get a directory
> with the following entries
>
> 5.10.0
>  < NP1 bash > cd *
>  < NP1 bash > ls
> entries    format     prop-base  props      text-base  tmp
>  < NP1 bash >
>
> is there a command i have to use if the directory starts with a number
> to get it checked in and then checked out properly

Could you provide a full reproduction script, from creating a sample repository,
to the point where the error occurs?  If such a script were runnable, that'd go
a long way toward helping others find, and ultimately, fix your problem.

-Hyrum

RE: checking out and in directories that begin with numbers

Posted by "Parker, Thomas P" <th...@fanniemae.com>.
thank you very much for the help.  That was the problem.  You'd think
after almost 30 years in unix I wouldn't make a faux pas like that.

Again thanks for your help

> Im having trouble checking out directories that start with numbers.
> the directories checked in fine but when i check them out i get a
> directory with the following entries
>
> 5.10.0
>  < NP1 bash > cd *
>  < NP1 bash > ls
> entries    format     prop-base  props      text-base  tmp
>  < NP1 bash >

Try 'cd 5.10.0'
It looks like 'cd *' is taking you to the .svn directory.

Dean

Re: checking out and in directories that begin with numbers

Posted by Dean Bennett <de...@gbtn.net>.