Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mykel Alvis <my...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/02 17:15:54 UTC

Inserting SCM and date/time info into a site

Sorry if this has been covered but I can't seem to locate anything.

Is there a way to use Maven to insert the subverision revision number
of my code directly into the generated site, along with a date/time
stamp, like a
"This site was generated from Revision X of project.xml on 2005-05-01"
in a footer

I suppose I can always add the $Rev $ and $Date $  strings, but can
the site plugin stamp the time of a gen into the site?
Thanks,
Mykel

Re: Inserting SCM and date/time info into a site

Posted by Mykel Alvis <my...@gmail.com>.
That's great!  Thanks!

Posted by Cyrille Le Clerc <cy...@gmail.com>.
    Hello Mikel,

Mykel Alvis wrote:

>Sorry if this has been covered but I can't seem to locate anything.
>
>Is there a way to use Maven to insert the subverision revision number
>of my code directly into the generated site, along with a date/time
>stamp, like a
>"This site was generated from Revision X of project.xml on 2005-05-01"
>in a footer
>
>I suppose I can always add the $Rev $ and $Date $  strings, but can
>the site plugin stamp the time of a gen into the site?
>Thanks,
>Mykel

Cyrille Le Clerc
email  : cleclerc@pobox.com