Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Clint Weisbrod <cl...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/08 23:53:18 UTC

Contributing to log4j2 with Eclipse

Hello.

I'm hoping to contribute a little to the log4j2 project and was wondering
where I can find documentation on setting up an Eclipse project to make
edits to and debug the source.

I have cloned the git repo and am able to successfully build the project
with Maven, but debugging in Eclipse would be extremely helpful.

Thanks.

Clint Weisbrod.

Re: Contributing to log4j2 with Eclipse

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Just do an import from Eclipse based on Maven projects. Eclipse will pickup
all the POMs and create Eclipse projects on your behalf. Make sure you have
the m2e (Maven to Eclipse) Eclipse plugin. It comes with most Eclipse
distros.

Gary