Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by lu...@sulweb.org on 2015/06/14 16:13:42 UTC

wicket-menu and AjaxLink

Hello

I'm trying to use the com.cooldatasoft.common.MenuItem constructor that
accepts the id string and a "Link<Void> ajaxLink" argument. Let alone
the fact I don't udenrstand why that constructor allows for a normal
Link if it expects it to be a AjaxLink. The real problem is that I dont
know how to create the AjaxLink, because I should tell the AjaxLink
constructor which wicket:id it should bind to, but that wicket:id is
unknown to me: it is being generated (I assume) by wicket-menu classes
at runtime.

My code is:

     new MenuItem("MenuText", new AjaxLink<Void>("????")
     {
       @Override
       public void onClick(AjaxRequestTarget target)
       {
       }
     });

and I need to put the correct MenuItem wicket:id in place of the
question marks.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advace.

Lucio.

Re: wicket-menu and AjaxLink

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 12:48 PM, <lu...@sulweb.org> wrote:

> Il 2015-06-14 21:47 Martin Grigorov ha scritto:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Consult with the sources and the demo application -
>> https://github.com/cooldatasoft/wicket-menu ;-)
>>

> Thanks, source code is not the most beautiful documentation you can think
> of, but it is better than nothing. The demo app does not use that
> constructor, so I had to resort to wicket-menu source code interpretation.
> The wicket:id to use is "menuLink" and you don't need to add it to your
> html, the tag is provided by wicket-menu.
>
> Now there's another problem, the onClick() method of my AjaxFallbackLink
> instance never gets called, but I suppose I have to look at the wicket-menu
> source code again to understand why...

Right!
Or create an issue at the project and ask...

Martin Grigorov
Freelancer. Available for hire!
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov

>> Martin Grigorov
>> Wicket Training and Consulting
>> https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 5:13 PM, <lu...@sulweb.org> wrote:
>>
>>  Hello
>>>
>>> I'm trying to use the com.cooldatasoft.common.MenuItem constructor that
>>> accepts the id string and a "Link<Void> ajaxLink" argument. Let alone the
>>> fact I don't udenrstand why that constructor allows for a normal Link if
>>> it
>>> expects it to be a AjaxLink. The real problem is that I dont know how to
>>> create the AjaxLink, because I should tell the AjaxLink constructor which
>>> wicket:id it should bind to, but that wicket:id is unknown to me: it is
>>> being generated (I assume) by wicket-menu classes at runtime.
>>>
>>> My code is:
>>>
>>>     new MenuItem("MenuText", new AjaxLink<Void>("????")
>>>     {
>>>       @Override
>>>       public void onClick(AjaxRequestTarget target)
>>>       {
>>>       }
>>>     });
>>>
>>> and I need to put the correct MenuItem wicket:id in place of the question
>>> marks.
>>>
>>> Any help appreciated, thanks in advace.
>>>
>>> Lucio.

Re: wicket-menu and AjaxLink