Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Anuj Gupta <an...@persistent.co.in> on 2009/01/05 07:25:20 UTC

UIMA related Issues

Hello All,

I want to use UIMA in my new project which is text mining.

I jus simple download all required things like UIMA SDK. Configure it in my
Eclipse. And try to run given examples.

Some examples are working fine but some are not.

Then I also am creating a very small application.

But I am getting some Errors. Please see below for more details.

1. While saving Analysis Engine Descriptor file.

2. While try to test my Annotator by Document Analyzer.

Can any body please help me on this?

As I want to use UIMA in text mining. So please give me more inputs so that
I can use it more efficiently.

Thanks in Advance. :-)

Regards,

Anuj Kumar Gupta | Software Engineer | Persistent Systems

anuj_kgupta@persistent.co.in  |

Innovation in software product design, development and delivery-
<http://www.persistentsys.com/> www.persistentsys.com

DISCLAIMER
==========

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Hi Anuj -

We are all beginners at some points in our lives :-)

You need the base framework, as you guessed.
If you want specific additional annotators, you can download the
annotator addons.

You probably want the binary, not the source.  The binary is
ready-to-run, the source are the source files, in case you want to
understand in detail how UIMA works, or want to modify it (but you would
need to understand Java).

The files ending in .asc, .md5, .sha1 are digital signatures and
checksums.  Please read this for information and background on how to
use these to verify your download isn't corrupted:

http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads.cgi#VerifyDownload

-Marshall

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Roberto Franchini <ro...@gmail.com>.

jabber:ro.franchini@gmail.com skype:ro.franchini

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roberto-

Yes I have already seen those links there. But most of the links are not
working and I am also confused to which I need to download for working in
Window-XP Eclipse 3.2 jdk1.5 compatible.

Can you please let me know the exact link name to download?

Thanks
Anuj.

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Roberto Franchini <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Marshall-

Can you please let me know.
>From where I can download the latest version of UIMA as well as examples.
as http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads.cgi
from this link I am not getting any working file. :(

Thanks anuj.

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Marshall.

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi -

How can we integrate GATE with UIMA.
Please helo me.

Thanks.
Anuj

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi -

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/uima/sandbox/trunk/SimpleServer

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com>.
Error :   Repository moved temporarily to
Error :   '/viewvc/incubator/uima/sandbox/trunk/SimpleServer/'; please
relocate

Finished!

something like this.

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hello Anuj,

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Hi Anuj -

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com>.
 Please see attached Jpeg error file for more info

Re: UIMA related Issues

Posted by Anuj Kumar Gupta <vi...@gmail.com>.
Dan -

Re: UIMA related Issues