Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Narayan, Satya" <sa...@sap.com> on 2005/03/02 05:21:33 UTC

Replacing XML parser

Hi all,
          I am using tomcat 5 for my web applications. I wanted my
webapplications to use my own xml parser so I looked into the docs of
tomcat and found that in jdk 1.4 supports "Endorsed Standards Mechanism"
wherein I could replace my own XML parser instead of the default one. Is
there any threat to the functioning of tomcat if I replace it with my
own parser ? Will tomcat internal classes be affected ? Has anybody had
any problems with regard to this ?

Thanks and Regards,
Satya