Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dean Searle <de...@computingoasis.com> on 2005/07/10 15:11:22 UTC

Problem with PNG files and

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm new at posting to the group
but have been watching the serv list for a few years now. I usually can
find my answers by googling or searching the archive, but I think I
might have run upon something that I have not been able to find yet.

I have a welcome page that has 4 .png images on it. I know that IE 5.5
and higher have an issue with displaying .png files if they have
transparency enabled, the transparency turns grey. To make IE work
correctly there is a JavaScript you can run in your web page and it
makes it work. How ever, when I turned on <security-constraint>,my
images would show up for a split second then they would disappear. The
spots where they should be would not even work as a link like they are
setup to be. If you use Firefox it works fine. It works fine being
served up on a windows XP pc with tomcat 5.0.30 and java version
1.5.0_02. I'm using FreeBSD Release 4.10-p2 and tomcat 5.0.30 and have
used java 1.5.0-p1 and java 1.4.2-p7

I also noticed in the tomcat log file that during startup there were
some error with my servlet that I am using, but have no errors when used
in windows. Page two of the PDF starts the error message.

All the code and errors can be found at this link
http://computingoasis.com/apache/errorlog.pdf

If there is anything more that you require I would be more than happy to
post what you need.

Thank you for your help in advance,

Dean Searle