Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Qi, Xiaofeng" <xq...@indiana.edu> on 2002/02/11 15:05:59 UTC

Using Struts to handle one-many relationship on a form

Hello,
How do I use struts to handle a one person, multiple phone numbers situation
on a form?  Code example will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.
Xiaofeng

Re: Using Struts to handle one-many relationship on a form

Posted by Keith Bacon <ke...@yahoo.com>.
Have 3 fields called phoneNo1, 2 & 3.
If they want to specify more they are weird & you shouldn't be doing e-business with them.
I'm not joking here - it's not worth using arrays/iterate etc.
Since you probably display numbers more than you update them consider getting them as 1 field eg.
public String getPhoneNumbers(),
so you can add a 4th (or restrict to 2 at a later date).
My opinion only!
K.