Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Philipp Schoepf <ph...@de.ibm.com> on 2002/09/30 18:18:53 UTC

Tomcat, Jetspeed and Proxy

Hi all,

as long as Jetspeed refuses to work with DB2 I will use Oracle 8.1.7.
Btw:Integration was just fine.
Ok, when played a bit with my portal configuration I noticed that portlets
which get data from the outside of our intranet didn't work.
I'm getting tired of searching hours for a solution. It seems that nobody
knows how to configure Tomcat4.1/Jetspeed 1.4b1 behind a firewall.
I tried setting the TOMCAT_OPTS environment var but nothing happened. The
same with CATALINA_OPTS and so on.
I've read that this helped with Tomcat 3x but Tomcat 4.x seems to handle
proxy configuration another way.

This is the exception I get:
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.PortletException: The following URL is not
available because it is considered invalid:
http://www.xmlhack.com/rsscat.php

Does anyone know how to solve this problem??

Thanks and best regards,

Philipp Schöpf
IBM e-business Innovation Center
Alter Wandrahm 10, 20457 Hamburg
Fon: +49 (0)40/41912-461
Web: http://www.ibm.com/services/de/innovation

Re: Tomcat, Jetspeed and Proxy

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com>.
Philipp,

Sounds like you have done the easy stuff :)  The people/group that
manages the fiirewall should be able to tell you why the Jetspeed
traffic is being blocked, they have logs you know  ;-)  Until then you
do not know what to fix.
Paul Spencer