Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by sunrise9999 <su...@gmx.de> on 2020/06/15 19:08:08 UTC

Dependency management priorities

I do not understand the relationship between Maven repository, local Maven
repository (.m2/repository) and a "local-repo" folder which I understand can
be a subdir of ZEPPELIN_HOME. All works fine if I use Maven, even the https
upgrade works now. But if I pull my network cable, things start getting
difficult. First, I do not understand if all the Maven repository downloads
required by Zeppelin (Main + Interpreters) are automatically pulled into my
local Maven (.m2/repository) folder so that I can continue to use Zeppelin and
Interpreters offline. Further, I do not understand the relationship between
such local Maven repo and said local-repo Zeppelin subdir. It seems jars are
being downloaded there, but I am not sure it works recursively.

My Maven knowledge is poor, so I may not get basic concepts. I saw
<https://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.8.2/usage/interpreter/dependency_management.html>,
but this did not help me.

Thank you for clarifying the default behaviour.