Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Dad Review <da...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/24 00:27:51 UTC

Software being sold on Amazon.com and Vipon.com

Hi,

I'm not sure if your aware or if it's legal, but I found your software
being sold on Vipon.com and Amazon.com. I just wanted to pass this
information along just in case, I would hate to see people paying for
something that is freely available.

https://www.amazon.com/Office-Software-Computer-Microsoft-Windows/dp/B01MS13RU8

https://www.vipon.com/product/3296490?ref=ss_3296490_11_image

-Jun

Fwd: Re: Software being sold on Amazon.com and Vipon.com

Posted by DaveB <no...@tasit.net>.
Forwarding copy to non-subscribed poster, with additional comment.

Yes it is legal to sell copies of the software, see the Apache 2.0 licence:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html

However, the use of the OpenOffice trademark might be questionable in
this instance, see the Apache trademarks policy:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

Dave
NB: Please address any reply to the mailing list only. Any messages sent
to this noreply@ address are automatically deleted from the server and
will never be read.

Posted by JD <jd...@gmail.com>.