Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Hardy Henneberg <xh...@dsb.dk> on 2001/08/28 08:18:12 UTC

output from jvm

I don't get error messages from the jspc compiler , when running it with the
'java' task from ant - just a message saying the compilation failed.
I think it is a general problem, that system output from the jvm, when using
the 'java' task dissapears - I am running ant 1.3 on Windows NT. Any
suggestions ?

regards
Hardy Henneberg

Re: output from jvm

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Hardy,

Please try the new Ant 1.4 beta and see what result it produces. For most
of the java tasks that I run, Ant is able to capture the output
successfully. I don't know what the jspc compiler does and what output it
generates but as it is designed to be embedded into a servlet engine (I'm
guessing a bit), it may not write to System.out anyway. What happens when
you run it directly at the command line?

Conor