Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Bhooshan Mogal <bh...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/06 17:39:41 UTC

Hard coded actionFactories map in PrivilegeOperatePersistence

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to integrate our product with Sentry. I've hit a roadblock
because of a hardcoded map of component to ActionFactory at
https://github.com/apache/incubator-sentry/blob/master/sentry-provider/sentry-provider-db/src/main/java/org/apache/sentry/provider/db/generic/service/persistent/PrivilegeOperatePersistence.java#L51.
Is there a plan to make this configurable, since it prevents Sentry from
being truly extensible without modifying any core Sentry code?

I wanted to find out if there is already some work underway to fix this
before exploring how this can be made configurable. I could not find much
after a quick glance at open jiras. I saw some discussion about
ActionFactory at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-999, but that
doesn't seem to include making this configurable.

I saw that the Kafka integration also updates this map -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-sentry/blob/kafka/sentry-provider/sentry-provider-db/src/main/java/org/apache/sentry/provider/db/generic/service/persistent/PrivilegeOperatePersistence.java#L55,
so doesn't look like there is a way past this.

Thanks in advance,
--
Bhooshan

Re: Hard coded actionFactories map in PrivilegeOperatePersistence

Posted by Bhooshan Mogal <bh...@gmail.com>.
I've created a https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SENTRY-1119 to track
this and uploaded an initial patch. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Bhooshan

Posted by Bhooshan Mogal <bh...@gmail.com>.