Posted to xap-dev@incubator.apache.org by Clayton Blake <cl...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/03 09:52:23 UTC

Incubator discussion

Hello,

APACHE have mentioned XAP to us as I am a member of a team currently
involved in an incubator submission FOXOPEN.
At APACHECON Dublin we were told it may be worth having a chat as our
products may be complimentary.

FOXOPEN is a serverside XML framework to generate applications that we have
be using for some years in the Energy Oil and Gas sector and are looking to
release as open source. It has quite an emphasis on the backend server and
requires an XML compliant database to store data and module definitions.

If any of this is of interest please reply and I can send more information.

Regards,

Clayton Blake
Dept of Energy DTI, London, UK

Re: Incubator discussion

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Clayton,
It's always worth having a chat about this type of issue: one of the
main goals of the Apache incubation process is to demonstrate an open
and welcoming community.  Cooperating and coordinating with other
projects is one facet of such a community.

I haven't seen an incubator proposal or other discussion regarding
FOXOPEN.  Is there a link to the proposal (even an early draft is
fine) that you can share with us, so that we can be better informed?

By the way, is it really FOXOPEN in all capital letters?

Yoav