Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net> on 2007/07/28 14:00:45 UTC

Why www.xsume.com as a namespace?

When doing a search on "www.xsume.com" from the trunk directory of CXF,
it is showing up in approximately 25 places--mostly used in namespaces
for the xml files related to the build tools.  But this URL just points
to some online retailer, I don't see its relation to CXF.

For example, in trunk/tools/java2/.../java2wsdl.xml:

<toolspec xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
	xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/strict"
	xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.xsume.com/Xutil/ToolSpecification
http://www.xsume.com/schema/xutil/tool-specification.xsd"
	xmlns="http://www.xsume.com/Xutil/ToolSpecification"
	xmlns:ts="http://www.xsume.com/Xutil/ToolSpecification">

Googling isn't showing anyone else using this namespace.  Should we be
switching this URL to an Apache one (I think so)?

Thanks,
Glen

RE: Why www.xsume.com as a namespace?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.
Sure, no problem.  I'll do that tomorrow.

Glen

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.
Patch submitted!

Posted by "Liu, Jervis" <jl...@iona.com>.
I believe www.xsume.com and www.xsume.org were owned by Malcolm Sparks, the XSume was started by him when he was working in IONA. Anyway, as now that the domain has been used by another unrelated firm, it makes sense to me to change the namespace to sth like http://cxf.apache.org/ToolSpecification. Glen, do you want to go ahead and create a patch please?

Cheers,
Jervis

I know they're not supposed to change, but they're also supposed to be
valid to begin with.  Did IONA ever actually own that domain (why would
it?)--or was that informally chosen because it was the name of the
application, with the ideas of getting a "real" official schema name
later?  If the latter, good--I think we're at the stage now where we can
get a real schema URI.

Glen

Am Montag, den 30.07.2007, 08:47 -0400 schrieb Benson Margulies:
> Schema URI's are not supposed to change. If these URI's were published
> widely under one name, it's really unfortunate if that domain lapsed and
> got picked up by an unrelated enterprise.

Registered Number: 171387

RE: Why www.xsume.com as a namespace?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.