Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/23 21:01:28 UTC

MINA, Google Analytics and GDPR

Hi,

we currently are using Google Analytics on MINA web site. I'm not sure
many of us is looking at the results (I have access to the results, but
I must admit I haven't looked at it for years).

In a GDPR compliance context, I think it's probably better to get rid of
GA. It's just a matter of removing the associated script in the
templates/foort.html page.

It would take me 2 mins to do that.

We have up to May, 25 to decide what to do :
- get rid of it
- or follow quite a complex process, that includes setting a IP
anonyisation flag, and a few other things.

Anyone wanting to keep GA up and running for MINA ?

Thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Re: MINA, Google Analytics and GDPR

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 23/05/2018 à 23:13, Jeff MAURY a écrit :
> By default GA will automatically change settings to be gdpr compliant

I do'nt want to take any risk, and we don't really use it anyway.

If you want to get some stats about MINA downloads, Nexus provides them.

Posted by Jeff MAURY <je...@gmail.com>.
By default GA will automatically change settings to be gdpr compliant

Jeff

Posted by Jonathan Valliere <jo...@apache.org>.