Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by da...@sybase.com on 2009/11/05 11:49:53 UTC

Does Tomcat run on a 64 bit Windows OS?

Hi

I'd like to know if I can make Tomcat Run on a 64 bit Windows OS?  And if
so, which versions are supported.

Thanks for your reply

Davy

RE: Does Tomcat run on a 64 bit Windows OS?

Posted by Jeffrey Janner <Je...@PolyDyne.com>.
Davy -
This question has been answered several times on this list in the last
few weeks.
I suggest checking the archives at http://markmail.org.
Search for "Tomcat 64-bit binaries Windows".
Look for an answer around Oct. 27.
Jeff

I'd like to know if I can make Tomcat Run on a 64 bit Windows OS?  And
if
so, which versions are supported.

Thanks for your reply

Davy

*******************************  NOTICE  *********************************
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply or by
telephone (call us collect at 512-343-9100) and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.

Re: Does Tomcat run on a 64 bit Windows OS?

Posted by Peter Crowther <pe...@melandra.com>.
2009/11/5  <da...@sybase.com>:
> I'd like to know if I can make Tomcat Run on a 64 bit Windows OS?

Yes.  Tomcat is pure Java, so all you need is a 64-bit JVM.  If you
install it to run as a service, you'll also need the 64-bit service
wrapper.

> And if so, which versions are supported.

Tomcat is an open source product and there is no central "support" per
se.  I would suggets checking Sun's support pages for the OSs on which
they support their 64-bit JVM.

- Peter