Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ancles <an...@hotmail.com> on 2008/10/09 13:20:04 UTC

problems of 5.0 to 5.5 upgrade

All,

I encounter some problems when migrating our web application from Tomcat
5.0.25 to 5.5.25. The reason is some classes or methods are removed in
5.5.25. I need some help since I don't have much background in Tomcat API.

1. Class org.apache.catalina.Deployer was removed.
In our program it used Deployer.install() to install web application
manually. It seems in version 5.5 the Class was dropped. I know another
deployer is to use ant deploy. But that doesn't satisfy the requirement.
Where could I find the deployer class?

2. CoyoteConnector and CoyoteServerSocketFactory
I find Class CoyoteConnector was moved to
org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector. But some function is removed, such
as setAddress(), setFactory(). So this is the problem. We used to create a
CoyoteServerSocketFactory and call CoyoteConnector.setFactory(ssf), and now
we can't find this function. Is it mean that it doesn't need to new this
Factory? Or other function can work as complement?

Look like some stupid question :-(
Any comment will be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

Re: problems of 5.0 to 5.5 upgrade

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: problems of 5.0 to 5.5 upgrade

Posted by ancles <an...@hotmail.com>.
Sorry for not making it clear.

Current question is how to set a customize SSLImplemention for a HTTPS
connector. In previous version we use
CoyoteServerSocketFactory.setSSLImplementation();
I have checked the Tomcat document and found the factory (nested component
of connector) was removed.
I guess this method can achieve this setting:
Connector.setProperty("sSLImplementation", custom_SSLImpl);

But a new problem is there's no method to replace setting "ciphers"
attribute of Factory.
<Connector port="8443"  ...>
  <Factory className="a custom ServerSocketFactory class" ciphers="" />
</Connector>
I need to migrate the "ciphers" setting in custom SSLImplement to new
version Tomcat.

Another problem about Deployer, I am still investigating it. It brought much
trouble that the Deployer.install() method was removed.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by ancles <an...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.