Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Nikitin, Dimitry" <di...@tfn.com> on 2002/08/23 22:09:05 UTC

Problem with spaces when using strokeSVGText=false

Did anybody have this problem - when using strokeSVGText=false option all
text is dispalyed correctly but spaces ("square" sibmol is displayed
instead)?
Any help is greatly appriciated.

FOP 0.20.3 (0.20.4 - same behavior)
Sun JRE 1.3.1

Re: Problem with spaces when using strokeSVGText=false

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Nikitin, Dimitry wrote:
> Did anybody have this problem - when using strokeSVGText=false option all
> text is dispalyed correctly but spaces ("square" sibmol is displayed
> instead)?
> Any help is greatly appriciated.
>
> FOP 0.20.3 (0.20.4 - same behavior)
> Sun JRE 1.3.1

This may have something to do with the selected font.
Can you post a small example demonstrating the problem
(a minimal FO file with just the SVG as
foreign-inline-object, preferably stripped down as much
as possible)?

J.Pietschmann

RE: svg in fop question

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
If you create an svg file out of the code I gave initially and display it in
XmlSpy or IE it displays correctly. I did not check in the batik viewer. Just
starting out with svg and did not know to check there first. thanks for the
info.

best,
-Rob

Re: svg in fop question

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

RE: svg in fop question

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
Hi,

yes, it only shows the top rect with a background color. I thought this would be
obvious, but I guess I should have said what happened, sorry.

> > I see in an faq that transparency is not supported. Is fill:none considered
> > transparent? or does this problem affect only fill-opacity?
>
> I think it means "don't paint" and should work. Fill-opacity
> will cause trouble, you'll see solid areas instead.

it does not work. Here is a simple fo:

   <fo:layout-master-set>
      <fo:simple-page-master margin-right="0cm" margin-left="0cm"
margin-bottom="2cm" margin-top="0cm" page-width="21cm" page-height="29.7cm"
master-name="first">
         <fo:region-before extent="0cm"/>
         <fo:region-body margin-top="0cm"/>
         <fo:region-after extent="0cm"/>
      </fo:simple-page-master>
   </fo:layout-master-set>
   <fo:page-sequence master-reference="first">
      <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
         <fo:block>
            <fo:external-graphic src="file:boxes.svg"/>
         </fo:block>
      </fo:static-content>
      <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-after">
         <fo:block line-height="12pt" font-size="8pt" text-align="end">Page
<fo:page-number/>
         </fo:block>
      </fo:static-content>
      <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
         <fo:block>
            <fo:external-graphic src="file:boxes.svg"/>
         </fo:block>
      </fo:flow>
   </fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>

Re: svg in fop question

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

svg in fop question

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
Hi,

I was curious if the following svg should be able display in fop.

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 20000802//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-SVG-20000802/DTD/svg-20000802.dtd">
<svg width="108" height="108" xml:space="preserve">
   <g style="fill:khaki; stroke:khaki">
      <rect x="0" y="0" width="108" height="108"/>
      <rect x="24" y="24" width="56" height="56"
style="fill:none;stroke:white;stroke-width:1;"/>
      <rect x="16" y="37" width="30" height="32"
style="fill:none;stroke:white;stroke-width:1;"/>
      <rect x="60" y="37" width="30" height="14"
style="fill:none;stroke:white;stroke-width:1;"/>
      <rect x="58" y="68" width="22" height="22"
style="fill:none;stroke:white;stroke-width:1;"/>
   </g>
</svg>

I see in an faq that transparency is not supported. Is fill:none considered
transparent? or does this problem affect only fill-opacity?

thanks for any light,
-Rob