Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org> on 2003/08/26 00:27:02 UTC

Metadata (Re: Multilanguage sites)

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 03:03:06PM +0200, cheche@che-che.com wrote:
> Sorry,
> I did not finish my last post:
>
> Use RDF instead of site xml format.

RDF is a bit much to expect end users to deal with, but we could use RDF
as our internal "site metadata" format, and transform
site.xml/book.xml/whatever into that.

The document-v20 format has <meta name="...">...</meta> header tags.  I
think we could make these interchangeable with site.xml, so that:

<document>
  <header>

is equivalent to:

<site>
  <index label="Index" href="index.html" author="Fred"/>

(implying we could auto-generate a lot of site.xml)

Then both site.xml and <header> tags could be used to create an internal
RDF representation of the site metadata.

This then ties in with the page metadata pipeline that Jason Lane was
playing with.

Just random thoughts..

--Jeff