Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Sumanth <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/08 11:18:03 UTC

Re: Possilbe Bug With Date Picker - changing system time zone adds +1 day to the date field

Hello Everyone

 is anyone able to verify that is this a bug or not? If it is can anyone
let us know when can we see a fix for this?

Or is my details too short? Should I need to include anything else. Please
let us know. How can we work around this!

Posted by Stephan Windmüller <st...@tu-dortmund.de>.
On 10.07.2015, Geoff Callender wrote:

> An improvement to DateField might be a timezone parameter.

Or just use the ZonedDateTime class:

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/time/ZonedDateTime.html

- Stephan

Re: Possilbe Bug With Date Picker - changing system time zone adds +1 day to the date field

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hold on, I’ve just realised that it can display the next day *before* it’s submitted. Maybe it *is* a bug. Unfortunately I can’t spend any time on it at the moment.

Note too that option (c) can’t control what day DateField thinks is *today*. DateField relies on the client’s timezone setting for that. An improvement to DateField might be a timezone parameter.

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.