Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Tardif, Sebastien" <ST...@anacomp.com> on 2005/07/26 17:44:11 UTC

Half solution: How to get the list of files I modified in the last 3 weeks?

svn log -qvr  {2005-07-01}:HEAD . | grep /trunk |sort|uniq -s 4 (tested
with cygwin on windows)

Will do most of the job except filtering out the other user than me.
Doing that seems the most complicate. So come the request to a new
feature:

Can we add to [svn log] command a parameter specifying which user or set
of user we want information about?

The most powerful mechanism would be to enable regular expression on
user name.

________________________________

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Jul 27, 2005, at 6:41 AM, Walter Nicholls wrote:

> Tardif, Sebastien wrote:
>

>> svn log -qvr  {2005-07-01}:HEAD . | grep /trunk |sort|uniq -s 4
>> (tested with cygwin on windows)
>>  Will do most of the job except filtering out the other user than
>> me. Doing that seems the most complicate. So come the request to a
>> new feature:
>>  Can we add to [svn log] command a parameter specifying which user
>> or set of user we want information about?
>>  The most powerful mechanism would be to enable regular expression
>> on user name.
>>

> With Subversion 1.2 client, yes, get the log output in XML and feed
> it through an XSLT processor
>
> something like this...
> svn log --xml -vr {2005-07-01}:HEAD | xml tr c:\temp\filterlog.xsl
> | sort | uniq

By the way, there's a patch being worked on which implements 'svn
diff --summarize', so that it only shows status codes.  Hopefully it
will satisfy this demand once and for all.

Re: Half solution: How to get the list of files I modified in the last 3 weeks?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

Posted by Walter Nicholls <wa...@cornerstone.co.nz>.
Tardif, Sebastien wrote:

> svn log -qvr  {2005-07-01}:HEAD . | grep /trunk |sort|uniq -s 4
> (tested with cygwin on windows)
>
> Will do most of the job except filtering out the other user than me.
> Doing that seems the most complicate. So come the request to a new
> feature:
>
> Can we add to [svn log] command a parameter specifying which user or
> set of user we want information about?
>
> The most powerful mechanism would be to enable regular expression on
> user name.

With Subversion 1.2 client, yes, get the log output in XML and feed it
through an XSLT processor

something like this...
svn log --xml -vr {2005-07-01}:HEAD | xml tr c:\temp\filterlog.xsl |
sort | uniq

Get xml.exe from http://xmlstar.sourceforge.net/ but any XSLT processor
would do.  Regular expressions no problem with XSLT, right?

filterlog.xsl I threw together - very quickly

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:output method="text"/>
<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:for-each select="/log/logentry[author='Walter']/paths/path">
    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
    <xsl:value-of select="'&#10;'"/>
  </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I'm sure with a bit more work this could be parameterised so the
username could be given on the command line, and the XSLT processor
could probably de-dupe it too.

- Walter

Re: Half solution: How to get the list of files I modified in the last 3 weeks?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On 26.07.2005, at 19:44, Tardif, Sebastien wrote:

> svn log -qvr  {2005-07-01}:HEAD . | grep /trunk |sort|uniq -s 4
> (tested
> with cygwin on windows)
>
> Will do most of the job except filtering out the other user than me.
> Doing that seems the most complicate. So come the request to a new
> feature:
>
> Can we add to [svn log] command a parameter specifying which user
> or set
> of user we want information about?

You could use "svn log --xml" and then use an XML parsing or
transformation tool to get just the entries for a particular user.

Re: Half solution: How to get the list of files I modified in the last 3 weeks?

Posted by Walter Nicholls <wa...@cornerstone.co.nz>.

Posted by Hari Kodungallur <hk...@gmail.com>.
On 7/26/05, Tardif, Sebastien <ST...@anacomp.com> wrote:

> svn log -qvr  {2005-07-01}:HEAD . | grep /trunk |sort|uniq -s 4 (tested with
> cygwin on windows)
>
> Will do most of the job except filtering out the other user than me. Doing
> that seems the most complicate. So come the request to a new feature:
>
> Can we add to [svn log] command a parameter specifying which user or set of
> user we want information about?
>
> The most powerful mechanism would be to enable regular expression on user
> name.

The script contrib/client-side//search-svnlog.pl (part of the
subversion distribution) does this. The downside, of course, is that
it will work directly on the repository (not on the local copy)