Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Norman Barker <no...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/28 19:01:29 UTC

os_process_timeout ignored

Hi,

is it a known bug that in 1.0 the os_process_timeout setting is
ignored when using a query server?

As a test case I have a working query server based on couchdb-python,
with the addition of update handling. I have a simple design doc that
just returns an empty doc with the id set to the current time. This
works fine, I can send updates and the DB fills up.

I intentionally make the python query server sleep (5 seconds seems to
the trigger point) and erlang spews OS process timeout error even
though the setting in local.ini is much larger than 5 seconds.

I will start working through the couch code, but if this is a known
bug please let me know! In the real life use case I have an executable
that starts up and the first launch is slow.

thanks,

Norman