Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nigel Cole <N....@sc98c.demon.co.uk> on 2003/01/21 16:14:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0.43 + LDAP problem on HP-UX 11.11

OK, I'm at my wits end here (short trip, I know :-)

We have a working Apache 2.0.43 system on Solaris using the OpenLDAP
2.1.12 libraries. I've been asked to produce a similar system on HP-UX
11.11.

Both OpenLDAP and Apache-2 compiled fine from sources, even though I had
to switch from gcc to the native HP-UX compiler. ldapsearch accesses our
LDAP server fine.

But Apache-2's mod_auth_ldap can't access it at all, complaining
"[ldap_simple_bind_s() failed with server down][Can't contact LDAP
server]"

Sticking a call to ldap_perror() in the relevant place in util_ldap.c
adds the error message "Can't contact LDAP server (81)". Beyond noticing
that this is the same error I get from ldapsearch if I don't specify an
LDAP server, I'm stumped.

Has anyone got this to work with HP-UX 11.11?

--
Dr. Nigel Cole