Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by lubos krnac <lu...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/08 18:05:13 UTC

Java7 NIO

Hi,

I would like to ask, what is the attitude of commons-io project to Java7
NIO library?
Is there creation of some functionality for NIO planned?
e.g. Comparators for java.nio.file.Path.

I am aware of fact that java.io.File is not deprecated but
java.nio.file.Path is considered as it's replacement in JDK7 according
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/essential/io/legacy.html.

Commons-io currently requires  JDK6. Does that mean that Java7 NIO
wouldn't be covered until this requirement will increase to JDK7? Would
this happen in the near future?

Would you consider contributions for extending NIO library functionality?

Thanks
Lubos Krnac