Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Johannes Schwarz <J....@wika.de> on 2001/11/29 07:56:57 UTC

Navigate through a xml-document over the web-browser

Hi!

Sorry, I dont't know wheter this is off-topic or not.

My xml document has topics, sub -topics , sub- sub- topics and so on.

I want to build an application which have a appearance like a directory
tree in m$-Explorer but over the web-browser with html-code.
That means I want to open and close folders (in this case topics).

I see 2 possibilitys:

- structure the topic tags with an unique id attribute and transmit all
open id's by the request.
  (this require a xml- document with a specific structure)

- build a java object (maybe a dom of the xml- doc) and hold it in a
session.

Do I have to prefer one of 2 methods and why?
Or is there an other approach already in use, because I don't want to
reinvet the whell for every xml- document?

Best regards

Johannes Schwarz

RE: Navigate through a xml-document over the web-browser

Posted by Liam Morley <lm...@WPI.EDU>.
If you open an XML document in MS Explorer, you will see expandable
menus. If you're only concerned about viewing the documents, then this
should give you what you want.

Liam Morley