Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by ib22841 <ew...@sneakemail.com> on 2007/04/18 12:30:01 UTC

Re: A few questions about SEs and WSDL

What kind of problem is it? Is it a natural limitation of JBI spec? Hard to
believe. It might be a limitation of jbi implementation of servicemix/fuse.
In this case it should be filed as bug/enhancement. Does anybody know more
about that?

Regards,
Ilja

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
This is just a configuration problem.
The servicemix-http BC will generate a wsdl based on the wsdl
from the target endpoint if available.
This means:
  * the target endpoint must have a wsdl description
  * the target endpoint must be activated before the http BC endpoint.

On 4/18/07, ib22841 <ew...@sneakemail.com> wrote:

> What kind of problem is it? Is it a natural limitation of JBI spec? Hard
> believe. It might be a limitation of jbi implementation of
> servicemix/fuse.
> In this case it should be filed as bug/enhancement. Does anybody know more
> about that?
>
> Regards,
> Ilja
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >

> >> 3. I've built my message definitions as complex types completely in XSD
> >> then
> >> expose them into WSDL using xsd:include.  But I'm having problems with
> >> the
> >> HTTP consumer endpoint loading them on deployment.  In fuse (1.2.2), it
> >> can't find them on the classpath.  Also, in the Web Services explorer,
> >> it's
> >> getting errors trying to load in the included XSDs, but I'm more
> >> concerned
> >> about the former issue.
> >
> > Importing xsds / wsdls may lead to problems, as one limitation of jbi,
> is
> > that
> > endpoint description must be standalone (no imports at all), which is
> > actually
> > not always possible.
> >
> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Principal Engineer, IONA
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: A few questions about SEs and WSDL

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
This is a limitation of the JBI spec.
However, ServiceMix usually handle such wsdls and "flatten" them,
so that they become standalone to comply with the JBI spec.
This means that the wsdl you will obtain is not exactly the same
as the one you supplied, but is semantically equivalent.
The only limitation of flattenned wsdl is that the service and portType
have to belong to the same namespace, but this is not really a big deal
because:
  * inside the JBI bus, only the PortType is necessary
  * outside the JBI bus (http BC for example), this limitation does not
apply
   because the wsdls can use imports.

On 4/18/07, ib22841 <ew...@sneakemail.com> wrote:

> What kind of problem is it? Is it a natural limitation of JBI spec? Hard
> believe. It might be a limitation of jbi implementation of
> servicemix/fuse.
> In this case it should be filed as bug/enhancement. Does anybody know more
> about that?
>
> Regards,
> Ilja
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >

> >> 3. I've built my message definitions as complex types completely in XSD
> >> then
> >> expose them into WSDL using xsd:include.  But I'm having problems with
> >> the
> >> HTTP consumer endpoint loading them on deployment.  In fuse (1.2.2), it
> >> can't find them on the classpath.  Also, in the Web Services explorer,
> >> it's
> >> getting errors trying to load in the included XSDs, but I'm more
> >> concerned
> >> about the former issue.
> >
> > Importing xsds / wsdls may lead to problems, as one limitation of jbi,
> is
> > that
> > endpoint description must be standalone (no imports at all), which is
> > actually
> > not always possible.
> >
> > --
> > Cheers,