Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Saxena, Sandeep" <sa...@bankofamerica.com> on 2008/03/05 06:50:52 UTC

dependency-copy

I want to copy all transitive dependencies for a list of artifacts in my
assembly.
If I use "dependency: copy" with a list of artifacts I just get all the
jars defined
In my list and not transitive dependencies.

And if I use dependency: copy-dependencies, it takes all the artifacts
from my project's POM
Instead of taking a list of artifacts.

To make it clear my project depends on three artifacts A, B and C but I
want to copy all the
Transitive dependencies of another artifact D in a folder of my
assembly.

Any clues?

Regards,
Sandeep.

RE: dependency-copy

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
This isn't currently possible. I'm adding similar functionality to the
common module for another plugin so I should be able to add this to
dependency after. Can you file a jira?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
refactor your pom structure.

If you originally had

moduleA/
    pom.xml (packaging jar)

You refactor to something like

moduleAsuper/
    pom.xml (new pom with packaging pom)
    moduleA/
        pom.xml (packaging jar - this is the old pom moved to a child)
    moduleB/
        pom.xml (this is the dependency packaging pom)

now when you do a mvn clean install from moduleAsuper it will do what you
are looking for.

Of course if you already have a directory-parent pom, I'd just add moduleB
to that directory-parent (though it does mean that you have to do clean
install from the directory-parent)

Note: maven has two kinds of parent poms, the first kind is the one
specified with the <parent> tag in the pom, the other kind is where the pom
is in sub-directory. These do not have to be the same! (but for most people
it helps if they are!)

-Stephen

Re: dependency-copy

Posted by sandeep28 <sa...@bankofamerica.com>.