Posted to users@camel.apache.org by nizhnegorskiy <ni...@mail.ru> on 2011/07/15 11:51:57 UTC

How do I authenticate with Camel?

I need to send a POST request with token. Something like this:
curl -H "Authorization: [token]" -X POST --data-binary @filename.json
'http://myhost.com/someurl'

I have the following code:
		context.addRoutes(new RouteBuilder() {
			public void configure() {
				from("file:data/out?fileName=filename.json&noop=true")
				.setHeader(Exchange.HTTP_METHOD,
						constant(org.apache.camel.component.http.HttpMethods.POST))
				.to("http://myhost.com/someurl");
                }
How do I add this [token] to the request?

Re: How do I authenticate with Camel?

Posted by nizhnegorskiy <ni...@mail.ru>.
Thanks!

Re: How do I authenticate with Camel?

Posted by Richard Kettelerij <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Welcome to the Camel community. Try the following:

context.addRoutes(new RouteBuilder() {
        public void configure() {
                from("file:data/out?fileName=filename.json&noop=true")
                .setHeader(Exchange.HTTP_METHOD,

constant(org.apache.camel.component.http.HttpMethods.POST))
        .setHeader("Authorization", constant("mytoken"))
                .to("http://myhost.com/someurl");
}

Note the added "Authorization" header. Camel automatically translates Camel
headers to transport specific (in this case HTTP) headers.

Regards,
Richard