Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by nivanov <ni...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/28 18:12:47 UTC

Re: Adding ML to Ignite, IGNITE-4572

Just a quick follow up...

We've made some good progress on the initial code implementation in the last
couple of months and I think we'll make it on time to release a early "beta"
version of the IgniteML (a.k.a distributed math) for 2.0 release.

Re: Adding ML to Ignite, IGNITE-4572

Posted by Yury Babak <y....@gmail.com>.
Denis,

Yes, this module already in apache master branch.

Also I created ticket for module renaming, so we could discuss this renaming
in IGNITE-5000

Re: Adding ML to Ignite, IGNITE-4572

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Oleg,

Perfect, thanks! Both Prachi and I reviewed your documentation and put it on the readme. IGNITE-4964 is closed.

Please, put some extra efforts as a part of Ignite 2.0 release considering latests review notes in this ticket:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-5018 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-5018>

—
Denis

Posted by oignatenko <oi...@gridgain.com>.
Denis,

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Thanks Oleg, I’ll review the doc a bit later.

Yuri, I’ve reopened IGNITE-5000. Please consider my latest notes and prepare one more pull-request:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-5000 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-5000>

—
Denis

Posted by oignatenko <oi...@gridgain.com>.
Denis, I prepared preliminary draft doc for readme.io, it reflects proposed

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Oleg, Nikita, Yuri,

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi Oleg,

That’s great, thanks. I’ve created a JIRA ticket for this task and assigned on Nikita for now. Please create an account for yourself and reassign the ticket if needed:

Plus, there is an invisible page on readme.io <http://readme.io/> created for you where you can document everything right away:
https://dash.readme.io/project/apacheignite/v1.9/docs/distributed-algebra

I’ll grant you editor rights to the readme today, you’ll receive a notification.

—
Denis

Posted by oignatenko <oi...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Yury Babak <y....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Yuri, thanks for an update.

Agree, that it makes sense to release ML in sources for now in order not to overcomplicate our build system right before the release.

*Anton*, would you help Yuri to add ML into our project build system? Yuri, going forward I would suggest you to learn more about Ignite build system and make up a way how to release it in binaries. The community will support you on this for sure.

*Nikita*, *Yuri*, who of you will prepare the documentation on Ignite readme.io <http://readme.io/>? We should explain what the module is and how to use it in the current state.

—
Denis

Posted by Yury Babak <y....@gmail.com>.
Hi all

Till the end of this week we want to prepare early "beta" version of the
IgniteML for merge with 2.0 release.

Re: Adding ML to Ignite, IGNITE-4572

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Sorry for the late reply. Sure, you're always welcomed to join our
community and participate in the development of modules of interest.

As for ML, please keep an eye on this discussion where will break down ML
activities a bit later.

Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
These are some suggestions from Nikita that were sent to Alper privately that might be useful for other candidates:

Alper,
Here are some of the immediate tasks we'll be working on past 2.0 release (and you are 100% welcome to tackle them if you find them interesting):

(1) Linear regression algorithm on super-large distributed sparse dataset
(2) Logistic regression algorithm on super-large distributed sparse dataset

Thanks!

Posted by anantbietec <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
+100

Great feature! I too would like to see a list of tickets required for the
release.

D.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.