Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Leonid Kleiner <mt...@fibimail.co.il> on 2002/12/17 10:52:35 UTC

Which TIFF format is used in batik?

Hi, all.
Which TIFF format is used in batik?

How can I get one of the following formats, using batik:
- TIFF Type 1
- TIFF Type 2
- TIFF Type 3
- TIFF Type 4
- TIFF PackBits

Best regards,
Leonid Kleiner

RE: Which TIFF format is used in batik?

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

LK> Hi, all.  Which TIFF format is used in batik?

LK> How can I get one of the following formats, using batik:
- TIFF Type 1
- TIFF Type 2
- TIFF Type 3
- TIFF Type 4
- TIFF PackBits

  It's not entirely clear what you mean by Type 1-4 I assume you are
refering to the values for the compression tag, in which case, the
Tiff Encoder we use claims support for Tiff Compression values 1 (No
compression), 7 (JPEG Tech Note 2 style), 32773 (PackBits), and 32946
(Deflate).

  Getting the transcoder to output these is as simple as calling

params.setCompression
   (org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.codec.tiff.TIFFEncodeParam.COMPRESSION_*)

in

sources/org/apache/batik/transcoder/image/TIFFTranscoder.java
   say around line 92.

    However currently we don't export a key to allows this information
to be passed into the transcoder.  So you can't set it from the
command line rasterizer, or the GUI application.  However adding this
should not be too difficult and would I think be a welcome addtion to
Batik.