Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2006/07/21 20:24:44 UTC

Project groupIds

I was fixing up the DAS pom's recently and noticed that the groupId
was set to "org.apache.tuscany.das" which seemed quite sensible.

What do people think about changing the groupIds for sca and sdo to
o.a.t.sca and o.a.t.sdo respectively?

--
Jeremy

Re: Project groupIds

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
On Jul 21, 2006, at 4:06 PM, Ken Tam wrote:

> Eddie:  Yeah, I figured it was something like that based on inspection
> of the repo structure, but what confused me was how parenting
> relationships fit into this (it's also probably time for me to blow
> away big chunks of my local repo as it's accumulated a lot of stale
> cruft due to changes in the build :).
>
> So if you're parented to something with a groupId, it looks like you
> inherit that groupId but show up as a peer of your parent in the
> repo.. presumably defining your own groupId means you override what
> you get from your parent?

You inherit most things from your parent unless you override them -
groupId behaves just like the other properties so, yes.

> Jeremy: Makes sense re: disconnecting the parent.. have we got the
> spec jars published in a repo somewhere so folks can actually build
> only in java/sca?  Or at minimum do they still need to do a build in
> specs or at the root once anyway?

No, we need to start doing that. It's not just the spec jars - for
example, databinding-sdo will need SDO snapshots published.

Until we do that users will need to build from the top. (which should
still build everything).

--
Jeremy

Re: Project groupIds

Posted by Ken Tam <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: Project groupIds

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
Ken--

Re: Project groupIds

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Re: Project groupIds

Posted by Ken Tam <ke...@gmail.com>.
So right now sca doesn't define a groupId and is parented to
tuscany-project w/ groupId o.a.t.. would this mean sca would continue