Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Héctor Izquierdo Seliva <iz...@strands.com> on 2011/01/13 11:28:07 UTC

Question about fat rows

Hi everyone.

I have a question about data modeling in my application. I have to store
items of a customer, and I can do it in one fat row per customer where
the column name is the id and the value a json serialized object, or one
entry per item with the same layout. This data is updated almost every
day, sometimes several times per day.

My question is, which scheme will give me a better read performance? I
was hoping on saving keys so I could cache all the keys in this CF, but
I'm worried about read performance with very updated fat rows.

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

Thanks!