Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Kumar Ravi <ku...@us.ibm.com> on 2012/03/05 22:29:58 UTC

Failing 2 junit tests in hadoop-1.0.1

Hello,

 I am seeing failures running these two tests for hadoop-1.0.1 from
svn.apache.org and using Sun/oracle Java ver. 1.6.0_31.

1. Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestTTResourceReporting

2. Test org.apache.hadoop.streaming.TestUlimit

On the TTResourceReporting test, the error was an IOException --

Testcase: testConfiguredResourceValues took 85.934 sec
        Caused an ERROR
Job failed!
java.io.IOException: Job failed!
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:1265)
        at org.apache.hadoop.examples.SleepJob.run(SleepJob.java:174)
        at org.apache.hadoop.examples.SleepJob.run(SleepJob.java:237)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestTTResourceReporting.runSleepJob
(TestTTResourceReporting.java:342)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestTTResourceReporting.testConfiguredResourceValues
(TestTTResourceReporting.java:296)

On Ulimit test. I am seeing the same symptoms reported and resolved by

This is the error I am seeing:

Testcase: testCommandLine took 86.104 sec
        FAILED
output is wrong expected:<[786432]> but was:<[]>
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: output is wrong expected:<[786432]> but
was:<[]>
        at org.apache.hadoop.streaming.TestUlimit.runProgram
(TestUlimit.java:123)
        at org.apache.hadoop.streaming.TestUlimit.testCommandLine
(TestUlimit.java:89)

I have tried different values for ulimit on my RHEL 6.1 system on x86_64. I
also tried ant versions 1.8.2 as well as ant-1.7.1.

I would appreciate any ideas on what I might have setup incorrectly in my
environment.

Regards,

Kumar Ravi