Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/19 21:15:14 UTC

Re: PIP 18: Pulsar SQL

Also /cc dev@bookkeeper.apache.org

One of the goals in this PIP is about resource isolation or read priorities
at bookies to support different classes of read requests. That's aligned
with some general discussion about IO prioritization (between writes, reads
and scan/catchup reads) in bookkeeper community.
It would be good to get thoughts and inputs from people from bookkeeper
community.

Resource Isolation

   - Read priorities at BookKeeper level - Bookies should be able to
   support different classes of read requests and prioritize regular consumers
   vs read requests coming from SQL queries
   - Queries from users or groups should not overly impact other queries
   from other users or groups

- Sijie

Re: PIP 18: Pulsar SQL

Posted by Jerry Peng <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

Here is a google doc of the PIP:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t4xp91kalnMGRVcOXqgfuv1sq4vH7eHPR_ALOa0yk1Y/edit?usp=sharing

It will probably be easier to comment and collaborate on there.

Best,

Jerry

Re: PIP 18: Pulsar SQL

Posted by Jerry Peng <je...@gmail.com>.