Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Fugo <St...@avid.com> on 2006/11/27 12:49:56 UTC

Broker: setMessageAuthorizationPolicy is not working?

Hi,

I would like to introduce a mechanism for ActiveMQ which allows me to hide
certain messages for certain users/clients.

The method ServerBroker#setMessageAuthorizationPolicy seems to cover exactly
what I need, but it isn't working for me.

After some Googling arround I found this bug entry (Created 22/Jun/06):

Is this issue accepted as bug? If it is so, is a workaround available for
this?

Otherwise, maybe I did something wrong. Please see my simple snipplet below:

BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
broker.setMessageAuthorizationPolicy(new
SimpleMessageAuthorizationPolicy());
broker.addConnector(this.url);
broker.start();

public class SimpleMessageAuthorizationPolicy implements
MessageAuthorizationPolicy {

    public boolean isAllowedToConsume(ConnectionContext connectionContext,
Message message) {
        System.out.println("isAllowedToConsume was called");
        return true;
    }
}

The broker starts correctly and I also can send and receive messages, but
the method isAllowedToConsume is never called. Why?

Thank you!

PS: Tried with ActiveMQ 4.1 and 4.2-snapshot

Regards
Stephan

setMessageAuthorizationPolicy is not working?

Posted by jkurtz <jk...@gmail.com>.
I have the same problem...first I implemented the MessageAuthorizationPolicy
interface in a class, compiled that into a jar, then placed that into the
<activemq_home>lib directory.

I set the following:
messageAuthorizationPolicy

 in the activemq.xml file to point to my authorization class as per the
directions on this page

http://www.activemq.org/site/security.html

I made it always return false, hoping to test it by blocking all calls.

I stopped and restarted my broker and there was no effect.

I looked at this (bug AMQ-591) and it seems like it was fixed

However, all of the links on the page are broken and I have not been able to
find the references