Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net> on 2006/12/29 18:27:07 UTC

Test Framework Contribution

I wrote an abstract test [1] that can marshal any number of TLDs and verify the following

 - are there setters on each tag handler for each TLD tag attribute?
 - are all tag handlers present in the classpath?
 - are there any duplicate tags?
 - are there any duplicate tag attributes?

Concrete subclasses handle TLD paths, like this [2].  I feel this will help us put an end to a seriously pesky class of bugs on the MyFaces project.

Does anyone here think this is a good candidate for the Shale test framework. ?  There are two dependencies [3,4] and I'll write some documentation.  I have to admit, I am a little bitter your team did not accept my very excellent submission to the logo contest [5], but I'd rather see this code placed where others can use it :)

Dennis Byrne

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/core/src/test/java/org/apache/myfaces/test/AbstractTagLibTestCase.java?revision=491051&view=markup
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/tomahawk/trunk/core/src/test/java/org/apache/myfaces/test/MyFacesTagLibTestCase.java?revision=491051&view=markup
[3] http://maven-taglib.sourceforge.net/