Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Juan Carrera <ca...@unizar.es> on 2014/05/26 09:50:37 UTC

Use same user from web login and from external CMS (moodle)

Hi community,
    Our users use Open Meetings in two ways. Sometimes they log in
through web interface, but sometimes they use OM through Moodle. In Om
version 2.X, we changed moodle plugin to set username as user id when
connecting to OM, so users didn't duplicate in OM and they had access to
their recordings no matter which way they got into OM.
We are trying to switch to OM 3 and we can get loged in if the user has
something on externalUserId or externaluserType fields. I've been
looking arround the code but i can't figure out which lines avoid user
login by web form if externalUser is not null.
Does anybody knows how to achieve that? (login both from external app
and from OM login form as same user).
Tanks in advance

--
Logotipo del servicio de informática y comunicaciones. Universidad Zaragoza

*Juan Ramón Carrera Marcén * *
Área de gestión*

Residencia de profesores
Pedro Cerbuna 12, 50009 Zaragoza
Tel. (34) 876553689
carreraj@unizar.es <ma...@unizar.es>

unizar.es

Re: Use same user from web login and from external CMS (moodle)

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Actually this is disabled in WebSession.java

This is not the first request to enable this functionality.
I believe this should be discussed in mailing list to get this feature
implemented without breaking the security

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax