Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/24 22:58:00 UTC

Fwd: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.11.0-incubating (RC1)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos
(incubating)
version 0.11.0. This will be the third incubator release for Mesos in Apache
.

The candidate for Mesos 0.11.0-incubating release is available at:

http://people.apache.org/~vinodkone/mesos-0.11.0-incubating-RC2/mesos-0.11.0-incubating.tar.gz

The tag to be voted on:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-mesos.git;a=tag;h=399b857ec4a3558b63ab8eb47df5c51bcad64251

The MD5 checksum of the tarball can be found at:

http://people.apache.org/~vinodkone/mesos-0.11.0-incubating-RC2/mesos-0.11.0-incubating.tar.gz.md5

The signature of the tarball can be found at:

http://people.apache.org/~vinodkone/mesos-0.11.0-incubating-RC2/mesos-0.11.0-incubating.tar.gz.asc

PGP key used to sign the release:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x2B1D89DA5C6E508C

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Mesos 0.11.0-incubating!

The vote is open until Monday, May 27th at 21:00 UTC and passes if a
majority of at least 3 +1 IPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Mesos 0.11.0-incubating

To learn more about Apache Mesos, please see
http://incubator.apache.org/mesos.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.11.0-incubating (RC1)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25 May 2013 20:01, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos
>> (incubating)
>> version 0.11.0. This will be the third incubator release for Mesos in Apache
>> .
>>
>> The candidate for Mesos 0.11.0-incubating release is available at:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkone/mesos-0.11.0-incubating-RC2/mesos-0.11.0-incubating.tar.gz
>>
>> The tag to be voted on:
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-mesos.git;a=tag;h=399b857ec4a3558b63ab8eb47df5c51bcad64251

NOTICE says:

=========================
Apache Mesos
Copyright 2012, The Apache Software Foundation

This product includes software developed by The Apache Software
Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
=========================

Wrong year, wrong text (should be "developed at"), wrong line-wrap
(should wrap after "developed at")

See: http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice

Also the LICENSE contains lots of other entries.
Are these stored in SVN? Are they in the source tarball?
If not, then remove from the LICENSE files in source (git and
tarballs), and move to binary LICENSE (and NOTICE as appropriate)

If they are in the source, then that is probably wrong.

Remember that N&L files need to relate to the artifact in which they
are present, so in general the ones in source releases (and SVN/git)
are different from those in binary releases (which may contain
external libraries).

Also, the NOTICE file must contain all required notices, but no others.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@twitter.com>.
Thanks Luciano for the suggestions. I think we got some conflicting advice
before (when we released 0.9.0) about what goes into LICENSE and NOTICE.
I've (hopefully) fixed it now. Will whip up RC3 shortly.

@vinodkone

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@twitter.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.