Posted to dev@steve.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2013/06/20 18:34:19 UTC

website

How are things coming along re the website? I have
a few externals interest in using SteVe...

cheers!

Re: website

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Nice!

BTW, here are some mocked up logos:

We should officially pick one out, or create a new one.

On Dec 8, 2013, at 8:43 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> Checked in a first crack at the website.  It's based on ASF's CMS system:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref
>
> and can be managed via:
>
> https://cms.apache.org/steve/
>
> There are some wonky bits that need fixing, e.g. getting the edit button to work.
>
> Committers,
>
> Please add yourself to
>
> http://steve.apache.org/support.html
>

> Regards,
> Alan
>

> On Nov 27, 2013, at 3:55 AM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
>> That is GREAT! Many many thanks.
>>
>> I, for one, care not a whit how it's generated ;)
>>
>> On Nov 26, 2013, at 1:44 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've got a long Thanksgiving vacation.  I can take a crack at it.
>>>
>>> Does anyone care how the content is generated?
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Alan

Re: website

Posted by ke...@apache.org.
Thanks Alan. You have done a bang-up job. Looks fabulous!

Best wishes
--k

Re: website

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: website

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Re: website

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: website

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Re: website

Posted by Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On Jun 20, 2013, at 12:45 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 20, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>>> How are things coming along re the website? I have
>>> a few externals interest in using SteVe...
>>>
>>> cheers!
>>
>> Not Found
>>
>> The requested URL / was not found on this server.
>>
>> Shall we get cracking?  How do we set this up?
>
> I think that we need to decide our mechanism. There are two obvious candidates:
>
> 1) svnpubsub from hand-authored pages
> 2) the CMS
>
> Other solutions would need some kind of "generate" step, then check in
> the results. I believe there may be a way to plug other generate
> mechanisms into the CMS.
>
> Personally, I would suggest that we just use the CMS with
> Bootstrap-based templates (I hate the default used on www.a.o).

+1

Regards,
Alan

Re: website

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> On Jun 20, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>> How are things coming along re the website? I have
>> a few externals interest in using SteVe...
>>
>> cheers!
>
> Not Found
>
> The requested URL / was not found on this server.
>
> Shall we get cracking?  How do we set this up?

I think that we need to decide our mechanism. There are two obvious candidates:

1) svnpubsub from hand-authored pages
2) the CMS

Other solutions would need some kind of "generate" step, then check in
the results. I believe there may be a way to plug other generate
mechanisms into the CMS.

Personally, I would suggest that we just use the CMS with
Bootstrap-based templates (I hate the default used on www.a.o).

Other opinions?

Cheers,
-g