Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Shawn Castrianni <Sh...@halliburton.com> on 2008/06/10 00:35:55 UTC

junit forkmode and timeout question

I am confused on how the junit task's forkmode and timeout work together.  I understand that fork must be true for timeout to have an effect.  However, my question is with forkmode and timeout.  I was curious how the timeout is implemented.  If after the timeout has elapsed, does ANT just kill the JVM process?  If so, what if the forkmode was set to "once" or "perBatch".  There may still be other unit tests left to run in the batch such that killing the JVM after the timeout would kill any other remaining unit tests that have not yet been run.  Wouldn't a timeout require a "perTest" forkmode so that each test is in its own JVM that can be safely killed after the timeout period has elapsed?

---
Shawn Castrianni

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.