Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Harsch, Timothy J. (ARC-TI)[PEROT SYSTEMS]" <ti...@nasa.gov> on 2010/01/13 17:57:57 UTC

copyField with Analyzer?

Hi all,
I tried creating a case-insensitive string using the values provided to a string, via CopyField.  This didn't work, since copyField does it's job before the analyzer on the case-insensitive string field is invoked.

Is there another way I might accomplish this field replication on the server?

Tim Harsch
Sr. Software Engineer
Dell Perot Systems

Re: copyField with Analyzer?

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
You can do this filtering in the DataImportHandler. The regular
expression tool is probably enough:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#RegexTransformer

--
Lance Norskog