Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2014/11/29 12:31:02 UTC

[TEXT] Problems with the site build

Hi all,

I've tried to create the site for commons-text but the site build doesn't
work. It always prints out "maven.site.deploy.skip = true: Skipping site
deployment" [1]. I've tried to override this via -D but it doesn't work.
Can anybody help?

TIA!
Benedikt

[1]
https://github.com/apache/maven-plugins/blob/3b34d1bbf0ff0347fce83084ce4670755e1cee7c/maven-site-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugins/site/deploy/AbstractDeployMojo.java#L162

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/

Re: [TEXT] Problems with the site build

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

> The CP35 says:
>
>           <configuration>
>             <!-- don't deploy site with maven-site-plugin -->
>             <skipDeploy>true</skipDeploy>

>            <phase>site-deploy</phase><!-- deploy site with
> maven-scm-publish-plugin -->
>

> Looks like
>
> http://commons.apache.org/site-publish.html
>
> needs updating for the single module component.

I'll need some time to understand this and play around with the site build.
I hope to have some time this weekend.

Thanks!
Benedikt

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The CP35 says:

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 30 November 2014 at 18:23, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> TEXT inherits from commons parent (like BeanUtils2 does) because the
> sandbox parent pom only adds unnecessary complexity and yet another thing

Using the sandbox pom instead of the normal pom does not affect the complexity.

> we need to release. I updated BeanUtils2 to commons parent because I wanted
> to use the new commons skin for example. Since the BeanUtils2 site build
> works, I think it has nothing to do with the parent pom.

The sandbox pom was designed for use with sandbox components.
If it no longer serves its purpose it should be retired, but using the
wrong parent pom may cause problems.

> I'm trying to deploy the site with
> mvn clean site-deploy
> and
> mvn clean site-deploy -Dmaven.site.deploy.skip=false

Does the same problem occur with other components?
Are they sandbox or proper?

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.