Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by William Wong <ke...@verizon.net> on 2001/12/14 20:23:47 UTC

Clashed with package of same name

Just downloaded jetspeed from cvs and was trying to build war
file from sources.
Had some compilation errors about class clashing with package of
same name for the following:

.../services/Profiler
.../services/PortalToolkit
.../services/PortletFactory
.../services/PsmlManager
.../services/Registry

Env:
RHat6.2
jdk1.3.1_01
ant 1.3
nothing in CLASSPATH
build jetspeed war using: ./build.sh war

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

-keng

Re: Clashed with package of same name

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
William Wong wrote:

>Just downloaded jetspeed from cvs and was trying to build war
>file from sources.
>Had some compilation errors about class clashing with package of
>same name for the following:
>
>.../services/Profiler
>.../services/PortalToolkit
>.../services/PortletFactory
>.../services/PsmlManager
>.../services/Registry

There is a problem where the package names are Uppercased in your
working copy. I can't understand why. Else, the collation of your locale
is doing funny things, Which are your locale settings (locale at
prompt)? Maybe it is a jdk issue with your locale settings, again.

Try export LC_ALL=C before compilation to see what happens. (default/C
locale)

The package names are, respectively: profiler, portaltoolkit
portletfactory, psmlmanager, registry.