Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Pei-Lun Lee <pl...@appier.com> on 2015/03/16 09:03:41 UTC

SparkSQL 1.3.0 cannot read parquet files from different file system

Hi,

I am using Spark 1.3.0, where I cannot load parquet files from more than
one file system, say one s3n://... and another hdfs://..., which worked in
older version, or if I set spark.sql.parquet.useDataSourceApi=false in 1.3.

One way to fix this is instead of get a single FileSystem from default
configuration in ParquetRelation2, call Path.getFileSystem for each path.

Here's the JIRA link and pull request:
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/5039

Pei-Lun

Re: SparkSQL 1.3.0 cannot read parquet files from different file system

Posted by Pei-Lun Lee <pl...@appier.com>.
Looks like this is already solved in

Posted by Cheng Lian <li...@gmail.com>.
Oh sorry, I misread your question. I thought you were trying something
like |parquetFile(“s3n://file1,hdfs://file2”)|. Yeah, it’s a valid bug.
Thanks for opening the JIRA ticket and the PR!

Cheng

On 3/16/15 6:39 PM, Cheng Lian wrote:

> Hi Pei-Lun,
>
> We intentionally disallowed passing multiple comma separated paths in
> 1.3.0. One of the reason is that users report that this fail when a
> file path contain an actual comma in it. In your case, you may do
> something like this:
>
> |val  s3nDF  =  parquetFile("s3n://...
> ")
> val  hdfsDF  =  parquetFile("hdfs://...")
> val  finalDF  =  s3nDF.union(finalDF)
> |

> Cheng
>
> On 3/16/15 4:03 PM, Pei-Lun Lee wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using Spark 1.3.0, where I cannot load parquet files from more than
>> one file system, say one s3n://... and another hdfs://..., which worked in
>> older version, or if I set spark.sql.parquet.useDataSourceApi=false in 1.3.
>>
>> One way to fix this is instead of get a single FileSystem from default
>> configuration in ParquetRelation2, call Path.getFileSystem for each path.
>>
>> Here's the JIRA link and pull request:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-6351
>> https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/5039
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Pei-Lun
>>
> ​

​
​

​

Re: SparkSQL 1.3.0 cannot read parquet files from different file system

Posted by Cheng Lian <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pei-Lun,

​